Monday, February 13, 2012

Grandma Martin

My Grandma Martin passed away February 4th.  My parents actually got the call that she had passed right before Ava's party.  My dad told me about it after the party.  Grandma Martin was the absolute sweetest lady.  I can never remember her talking bad about somebody or complaining about anything.  She had a sweet spirit.  She had been having a rough time since her surgery this past summer, but she honestly seemed to be doing good.  She was always so happy to see family and we loved getting to visit.  She was so proud of Ryne and Reese too.  She always had pictures of them up all around her room.  She will be greatly missed!  Ryne has been such a blessing during this.  She told me that we shouldn't be sad because Great Grandma was in heaven and we would see her again.  Sweet girl full of wisdom.
This was taken in June of last year.  Just a few weeks before Reese arrived!

This was at Thanksgiving this year.  Grandma was not feeling well but was still so happy to see everyone!  This was her first time to meet Reese.

This was the last day we saw her.  We ate at her favorite place - IHOP.  Her and Reese are having a good conversation. :)

After lunch we went back to let her open Christmas...Ryne helped.  :)
The funeral was on Wednesday.  I was nervous about going because Jeremy was out of town so I had both girls with me...alone!  My parents rode there with us and were such a big help.  Ryne wanted to sit with my mom and dad during the graveside service and she did great.  She never moved or made a sound.  The funeral was more a celebration of her life and that is how she would have wanted it.  She is no longer hurting so that helps comfort the pain we are feeling.  And as Ryne said...we will see her again we we get to heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment